In the News
- 200+ registered to participate in SpeedType Labs. Our goal is 240. More about the labs is on this page.
- Compass Outreach Sessions: users are invited to hear about Accounts Payable and Travel & Expense approved business cases. Sign up now!
- 94% of Compass Outreach Session participants found the meetings helpful and informative.
Compass Raffle Winners show off their prizes.
Jackie Strom, Bonnie Chappell, Stephanie Gray, Ann Williams
Sonie Parra Zuna, Shantisa Fulgham, Anita Mann, Christine Baker
Compass Outreach Sessions
More than 115 Compass end users attended Compass Outreach Sessions held at the Goizueta School of Business on June 2nd and 4th and at Oxford College on June 9th.
More sessions are scheduled. Come and hear information about anticipated changes to Compass. Belva White and Dave Miller lead the sessions and they are happy to field your questions. The focus topics for June are the Accounts Payable and Travel and Expense modules; specifically an overview of the approved business cases. Register for a location near you.
Click here to download the presentation.
We want to hear from you! SpeedType interactive lab sessions are scheduled for June 3, 11 and 17. If you use Compass regularly for journal entries or other tasks with SmartKeys*, you are invited and encouraged to participate. During the lab, you will enter transactions using different SpeedType configurations and make the final decision on which is selected. Space is limited. Register from the News and Events tab on this website.
*SmartKey (a third party tool which sits “on top of” PeopleSoft to provide a shorter entry key than the full 70 digit ChartField string) will be replaced with delivered functionality called SpeedType. This change will enable Emory to benefit from similar “short key” functionality and allow us to take advantage of ongoing patches and updates previously unattainable.
Listening Tour Updates
What is a Listening Tour?
Listening Tours were informal Q&A sessions started back in May 2014, where Emory user groups were formed to provide insight into what Compass features and functionality worked well, and which ones needed to be improved. Belva White and Dave Miller have been circling back with the responses to those Listening Tour requests and questions as part of their commitment to keep the user community informed. The Listening Tour items collected have been used as the baseline for requirements in the Compass (PeopleSoft Financials 9.2) Upgrade.
Listening Tour Objectives:
- to all user levels – from Dean’s Office, finance staff to administrative assistants and many others
- to both positives and negatives (so we don’t “unfix” something that works well)
- where processes take longer than they should
- where the pain points are
- where the sweet spots are
- a fresh understanding of the user experiences, so we can try to leverage opportunities in Compass (PeopleSoft Financials 9.2) application
- the user community and hold the project team accountable for ongoing user engagement and communication
Listening Tour updates:
You can find a list of searchable Listening Tour updates related to our key focus workstreams for this quarter: Accounts Payable and Expenses. We will continue to add topic areas as we progress.