The Compass Support team works to continue improving services to the University and Healthcare communities and maintain our investment in the PeopleSoft Financials suite. Seven key principles are used to guide the overall management of Compass system and any future updates to Compass. These collectively help support our most valuable assets: our people. The objective is to create a climate that encourages open and two-way communications that will enable us to effectively bridge our business needs with the needs of our user community.
- Promote shared ownership, collaboration, and communication
- Fully evaluate functionality and impacts
- Represent the enterprise (University & Healthcare)
- Be transparent
- Understand the business need and consequences in every decision
- Consider impact to constituents and related budgets
- Encourage improved functionality, safeguarding valued existing solutions
As part of Emory’s continued finance journey and the overall vision of University CFO Carol Kissal, we are establishing a new Enterprise Finance Organization model.
This new model will align our strategic, operational, and managerial infrastructure to support continued financial success and growth at Emory, while maintaining Emory University’s Values and Priorities.
The overall vision is a finance 'organization' that has fewer boundaries, fosters alliances among schools and business units and supports unit finance leaders to work collaboratively and effectively.
The Compass journey embraces this vision.